When choosing the color of your rug, the most crucial factor is the couch as the most significant piece of furniture in your living room. But how do you know which sofas match which rugs the best? After all, there are a lot of rugs to choose from. Therefore, we gathered the commonly asked shades for couches, and with this guide, you will find the perfect combination.
Brown has endless opportunities for decorating, so we can see why one would want a brown couch. If you're looking for a rug to go with your brown couch, we've got you covered. Here are some of the best colors to choose from:
- Tan: Tan is the most common color for rugs that match brown couches. It's warm and inviting and looks great in almost any room.
- Blue: Blue can be tricky when it comes to compliments, but if you want to go bold, blue is one of the best colors to pair with brown leather furniture.
- Green: Green is another great option for matching your brown couch! It's not quite as bold as blue, but it still gives off a relaxed vibe without being too much of a statement piece.
Grey is one of the most popular colors in home decor, and it's easy to see why! It has a clean, neutral tone that can work with almost any other color. So if you're looking for a rug that will complement your grey couch, here is our advice:
- Lighter shades of grey or white: If you want your rug to stand out against your grey couch, choose one with lighter shades of grey or white. This will ensure that you don't end up making the couch look darker than it already is!
- Reds or yellows: If you're feeling bold, try mixing in more vibrant colors like these. While these colors may not be classic matches for grey couches, they can make an interesting statement!
Green creates a relaxing environment used in any decorative element. So if you have a green couch and are looking for the perfect rug to go with it, here are some color suggestions:
- White: White rugs pair well with any color of couch. White is a neutral and can be used to accent other colors in the room. It's also a good choice if you want to keep things simple or if you're unsure which color will look best with your couch.
- Brown: Brown is one of the most popular colors for rugs because it goes with almost anything. It works incredibly well with darker wood tones like mahogany or cherry, but it also pairs well with lighter woods like pine or oak. A brown rug will make your green couch look warmer and inviting, so give it a try!
- Black: Black is another popular color for rugs because of its versatility. Black works great with all kinds of furniture styles—it can be used as an accent piece and will enhance any room's decor without overpowering it. For example, when paired with a green couch, black adds depth and drama to the space—try pairing them together!
We know that choosing the right color rug for your space can be challenging—especially if you're working with a beige couch. Although it is a neutral color that is seemingly easier to decorate with, it can be hard when you want to avoid bland and simpler looks. So here are some tips for finding the right colors to go with your beige couch:
- Blue or grey: If you've got a brownish beige couch, you can try those colors. They'll look great against that color.
- Red or orange: If you have a beige couch and want to add some color, red or orange is the way to go. They will really pop against the neutral background of your couch.
- White: A white rug can create a chic look with your beige couch if you are looking for something simpler.
Bonus: What kind of rug should you choose for a leather couch? Well, there are a few different answers depending on what type of look you are going for. For example, if you are decorating a library room or an office, a tribal rug with primarily dark red and burnt orange could create a warmer environment. Yet, if you are looking for a rug for your living room, a plushy one with neutral colors would work the best.